What is Ursolic Acid?
Ursolic acid is a natural substance derived from plant material. It is found primarily in the leaves, peelings, or bark of plants, including apples, lavender, oregano, cranberries, and many others. It often is used in cosmetology and medicine because of its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antitumor, antiulcer and properties. Ursolic acid is also sometimes called urson, prunol, or malol. Other acids that have similar chemical compositions — and therefore similar pharmacological and cosmological uses — include betulinic, moronic, and oleanic acid. Each of these also has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, or antiviral properties and are carboxylic acids, which are the most plentiful of the organic acid
1. Antimicrobial activity. Not only inhibits G +, G-bacteria but fungi as well in vitro.
2. Anti-aging agent, which can be used to improve the health of skin and hair.
3. Anti-inflammatory activity. It has been recommended for use in burn ointments.
4. Ursolic acid hasobvious antioxidant activity.
5. Ursolic acid can calm spirit and has cooling effect.
1. Ursolic acid is applied in cosmetics, it can use and the material of whitening and anti-oxidation;
2. Ursolic acid is applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to strengthening immune function and used as the