Hyaluronic acid CAS 9004-61-9
1. Introduction of Hyaluronic acid:
Hyaluronic acid is a kind of macromolecular mucopolysaccharide with d-n-acetylglucosamine and d-glucuronic acid as structural units. It is often called Sodium Hyaluronate or HA. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is widely distributed in the connective tissue of human body. Hyaluronic acid in the skin plays an important role in the metabolism of the epidermis. The destruction of hyaluronic acid in human body or maladjustment, all can cause disease.
2.Hyaluronic acid's main functions include:
* Has excellent affinity to water and can regroup water within tissue for better retention and lubrication.
* Folds to form a three-dimensional network and produces physiological effects, including producing fluid resistance, maintaining water balance and bodily stability, influencing macromolecule solubility, structure, chemical balance and system osmotic pressure, preventing the spread of pathogens, and promote the condensation of collagen fiber secretory substances.
* Forms polymers with inseparable proteins to maintain tissue shape and size and to ensure reversible tissue compression resistance.
* Affects macrophages, adherent cells, lymph cells, and natural killer cells.
* Serves as an important part of interstitial fluid and is mainly metabolized in the liver. Liver fiber activity increases HA synthesis; combined with reduced function during cirrhosis, blood HA levels may increase abnormally.
3.Application of Hyaluronic acid:
(1) Food Industry.
We recommand Food Grade with the Molecular Weight 800,000Da-1,200,000Da. It can be added into drinks, mink products, health care capsules, etc.
(2) Cosmetic Industry
There are kinds of Molecular Weight, which can be used into cosmetics products, like facial cleanser, mask, soap, lotion, shampoo, etc.
(a) <10,000Da (Super Low Molecular Weight):
Making hyaluronic acid smaller means it can reach a bit farther into skin's uppermost layers for visibly enhanced results, so it has the best effect of moisturzing and anti-aging.
(b) 10,000Da-200,000Da (Low Molecular Weight)
It has better moisture effect than regular molecular weight.
(c) 200,000Da-1,600,000Da (Regular Molecular Weight)
It can retain moisture, keep the skin firm, and prevent wrinkles by adding volume to the skin.
(d) >1,600,000Da (High Molecular Weight)
It can keep moisturing for longer time, and repair skins.
Hyaluronic acid has been widely used in medicine due to its unique physicochemical properties and physiological functions. It can be used as a viscoelastic agent for ophthalmic intraocular lens implantation, as a filler for joint surgery such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, as a medium, widely used in eye drops, and also used to prevent postoperative adhesion and promote the healing of skin wounds.